Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cal Newport

At the end of my book, I put a few suggestions for further reading. One of the people I regret not including is Cal Newport. I think his books are a perfect complement to mine because two of the things I didn't address in the book are his bread and butter: study skills (I assumed that good students knew these already) and finding the meaning in your studies (I thought that everyone brings their own perspective to this). Reading his blog has convinced me that most students do need to think about these issues and his books (How to Win at College and How To Become a Straight-A Student) are a great place to get this.

For a quick test of his approach, check out these blog posts and then go buy his books:

A Study Hacks Primer
The Study Hacks Philosophy on College
The Straight A Method

No comments:

Post a Comment